After completing your ZuGo Pre-Ride Safety Checklist you’ll be ready to get in the saddle! Remember, as our Rhinos have a lot more power than an average bike, extra care needs to be taken when you’re riding in traffic and on trails.
Here are a few reminders on how to ride your Rhino safely and get the most out of your riding experience:
- While on the bike and at a complete stop, you only need to gently press the throttle to accelerate. If you push the throttle to full, you run the risk of injury
- Familiarize yourself with your local traffic laws. Abide by these laws and respect traffic lights and signs
- Remain alert and look around for any hazards, including vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians
- Ride single-file in the direction of traffic and avoid vehicle blind spots. If you need to pass another cyclist or pedestrian, alert them before doing so
- Use hand signals when turning and use extra care at intersections
- When braking, apply equal pressure to both brakes at the same time
- Respect pedestrians right-of-way
- Do not drink alcohol or take drugs before operating your bike
- Using your phone or listening to music while riding is discouraged
- Be considerate when parking by not blocking paths and building entrance points
- Secure any loose clothing and wear reflective clothing if riding at night or in bad weather
- Avoid riding in salt water or off of jumps to avoid damaging your bike’s components
- Always carry identification, a phone, cash, as well as any emergency repair supplies
DISCLAIMER: When choosing to ride a bicycle, there is always a risk of injury and damage. These risks are the sole responsibility of the rider. Damage caused by improper bike assembly, improper maintenance, or failing to follow instructions is not covered under warranty and could result in personal injury to your or others as well as damage to personal or third party property. ZuGo Bike is not responsible for any loss, injury, or damage resulting from improper use of your e-bike. Please see Zugo Bike’s Terms and Conditions at www.zugobike.com for more information.