Our Siren Alarm is a great option for protecting your Rhino when you’re out on one of your adventures. See below for more information about installing, using, and charging the Siren Alarm.
Installing the Siren Alarm
Everything you need to install the Siren Alarm comes in the box. You won’t need any special tools. The box includes:
- 1x ZuGo Siren Alarm
- 1x USB charging cable
- 2x mounting spacers
- 2x wireless remote controls
- 1x thumb screw for mounting
- 1x anti-skid piece
To install the Siren Alarm:
- Remove all of the pieces from the box
- Remove the extra rubber pieces from inside the mounting spacers (the extra rubber pieces are in case you want to mount the Siren Alarm on a smaller bar)
- Unscrew the thumb screw slightly
- Clip the mounting spacers over the main bar in the center of the bike (behind the headlamp)
- Tighten the thumb screw (no tools are required)
- To attach the wired horn, run the horn’s wire up through the front section of cables on the bike and wrap the silicon strap around the handlebar to secure the switch in place. Most people choose to mount it on the right handlebar.
Charging the Siren Alarm
When you first receive the Siren Alarm, it will need to be fully charged before its first use.
- Connect the Micro USB cable to the Micro USB port on the underside of the Siren Alarm horn
- Plug the other end of the cable into the USB port under the keypad or another power source. If it’s plugged into the keypad, press the M button once to turn on the USB port
- A red light indicator next to the Siren Alarm’s USB port to show it is charging. When the battery is fully charged, the light will stop. A full charge cycle takes approximately two hours
Using the Siren Alarm and horn
- To turn ON the alarm: Press the lock button on the wireless remote. It will beep 5 times to confirm the activation. The Siren Alarm is now armed and the horn will sound when any vibration is detected.
- To turn OFF the alarm: Press the unlock button on the wireless remote. It will beep 2 times to confirm the alarm has been deactivated.
- To locate your bike or initiate the alarm remotely: When the alarm is turned on, press the bell button on the wireless remote. The horn will sound each time the button is pressed.
- To use the horn: Press and hold the wired button that attaches to the handlebar (you can change the position of the button based on your needs). The horn will sound until you release the button.
- To deactivate the remote control (power saving mode): Press the lightning bolt button on the wireless remote once. The horn will not accept any commands from the remote control until the wired horn button is pressed.
Important notes about the Siren Alarm
- The Siren Alarm has its own battery so it will still stay active even if you remove your bike’s battery
- Avoid leaving your Siren Alarm plugged into Rhino’s USB port for extended periods of time. It’s best to connect it only when the Siren Alarm’s battery is low (when the battery charge is low, the Siren Alarm will emit a low beeping sound)
- A full charge will typically last for 15-20 days
- The wireless remote has a range of up to 50 meters
- The battery inside the wireless remote may need to be replaced after extended periods of non-use
To buy a Siren Alarm for your Rhino, head over to the Siren Alarm product page.